Beanie ismsApril 11, 2011
There has to be a place to store the best O’Beanie. If you think of any I have missed, we can add them here. Of course, many of the below list are common thoughts or thoughts popularized by others, but Grandma Beanie loves them all and uses them regularly.
- Live the Golden Rule: Do unto others as you would have them do
unto you (I would like to add to that: NOT as they have done
to you, or you think they may do unto you).
- If you don’t paint your toenails, you have little boy feet.
- You can’t love anyone else until you love yourself.
- Family is always first.
- Charity begins at home.
- Think positively.
- Thoughts are things.
- Never lower yourself to the level of those who hurt you—rise above it.
- Kill ‘em with kindness.
- My bones told me.
- Give credit where credit is due.
- When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.
- Que, Sera Sera—whatever will be, will be.
- Blow your own horn—it’s unlikely anyone else will do it for you.
- Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
- Let it be.
- I have to look at you (to adult children who are ailing and not living with her. She needs to look at us to ease her mind that we will be okay).
- When I die, cremate me. Each of you will place my urn on your
mantel and each day I will flip my top and say, “Good Morning!”
- You give away so much that you leave nothing for yourself, or
of yourself. You reduce yourself to an empty husk and then expect
it to stand.